The Pupils have written their own Code of Conduct, which is printed in their diaries and is used to remind them of the expectations at Bute House. The Bute House Bully Book, also written by the pupils and printed in their diaries, comprises guidelines written by the pupils on what to do if there are incidents of bullying in school and what the school staff will do to help.
Code of Conduct
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- No form of bullying is tolerated at Bute House. Tell an adult if something is wrong.
- Share your worries with someone you trust.
- Always think about others and include everyone in your activities.
- Be polite, behave sensibly and co-operatively. Keep your uniform tidy.
- Respect others, their property and everything in our school.
- Remember you are responsible for your own actions and words so think before you act.
- Be a good sport, happy for other people's achievements whilst not gloating over your own. Cheer for everyone.
- Always try your hardest and make the most of every moment.
- Take pride in everything you do.
- Listen carefully to each other as well as to teachers.
- Remember, change is not always for the worst.
- Respect diversity and other peoples' differences.
- Spread happiness, not rumours.
- Adopt the British values of democracy, individual liberty, mutual tolerance and freedom of speech.